Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year Fashion Resolutions

It’s that time of the year again when we write down all the things we want to achieve in the new year, regardless of the fact that we won’t keep any of them. At the start of the year I always have plans to revamp the wardrobe – kind of an ‘out with the old, in with the new’ mantra.

My Fashion Resolutions for this year:

  • Sell unwanted stuff on ebay.
  • Start buying matching underwear (despite its expense). Replace classic Bonds undies with something a little classier.
  • Buy suit. Not sure when I’ll wear it, but I figure everyone should have at least a basic black one in their wardrobe. I’ve always considered a suit to be a fashion staple.
  • Don’t buy any more jeans, unless they are super cheap and a damn fabulous fit.
  • Don’t buy something just because it is on sale. Wise words.
  • Buy first pair of boots for coming winter. I know this one will never happen – I’ve been telling myself to buy boots for about 3 years now.
  • Sew something for best friend in order to keep her being my best friend. Bribes are the best.
I also think I should be socially responsible and include some fashion resolutions for teenagers. This includes:
  • Stop wearing tight hipster jeans when clearly visible “muffin top” protrudes over tight jeans.
  • I’ve never understood the appeal of wearing ugg boots with a denim mini skirt to the beach… Pamela Anderson has a lot of explaining to do.
  • Try to abstain from shopping at Supre. You’ll thank me later.
  • Keep sunglasses in proportion to one’s head size. i.e. the bug look is over. Let it go kids.

No comments: