Wednesday, January 17, 2007

OK, I Forgive Pink (sorta)

If you read any of my earlier posts on Pink, you would know I was fired up over her comments about boycotting the Australian wool industry. Well, she’s now retracted part of her comments, admitting that she failed to do enough research on the issue.

Pink, who appeared in a video for PETA on animal cruelty, in which she described sheep mulesing as “sadistic”, now admits that she was misinformed.

"My message was, in my mind, boycott animal cruelty - not an entire industry, not Australia, obviously, because it's my favourite country.

"Then going back, I was speaking without thinking and I actually did say ban Australia, which is bulls***. It's not something that I can agree with,” she said.

I suppose this is a fairly decent apology. I will inturn also withdraw my own comments that I would boycott Pink’s music and never download it again.

PETA’s boycott on Australian wool saw some American and British retailers on side. However, leading clothing retailer Bennetton realised it was a load of crap and refused to lend their support to the campaign.

No comments: