Monday, January 01, 2007

Sienna Miller Fashion Line

It has been a big week for celebrity designers. They seem to be popping up left, right and centre. Sienna Miller can now be added to a very long list of celebrities turning their talents to design.

Miller, along with her fashion designer sister, Savannah, will launch a line Twenty8Twelve by s. miller. In case you’re wondering about the label name it’s from Sienna’s birthdate, who turned 25 on December 28.


Carlos Ortega – the owner of that groovy little label Pepe Jeans will be backing the project. Sienna has also appeared in Pepe Jeans ads before.


Savannah has been making a name for herself as well. She studied at the prestigious London’s Central Saint Martins and has worked with design genius Alexander McQueen. Lucky girl. Am I right to assume that it is Savannah who is the creative one behind the label, while Sienna is the face of the label?


In an interview with Vogue, Sienna said she was inspired by everything from Patti Smith, poetry of the Beat generation and the dark London of Dickens. Hopefully you will be reading this and like me, have no idea what these things are. Miller told Vogue “we wanted to create that London world that feels inaccessible.”


Apparently love poems will be tucked into jean pockets, which is kinda creepy… you go in to buy a pair of jeans, you come out with debt on your credit card and a brooding, sodding poem.
(Ha – I just said “sodding”. I’m so English right now).

The line will include denim, dresses, outerwear, knitwear and tailored jackets. Just for clarification is “outerwear” anything you wear outside the house? Because that’s pretty broad. I mean I occasionally go out dressed like a lumberjack* to the local Blockbuster, does this mean this sort of attire will be included in the line? I hope so. I’ll totally buy it then.


I do actually like Sienna Miller - she has great style and a cool name. Unfortunate taste in men though.

* Historically I think lumberjacks are typically male and wear suspenders, plaid flannel shirts, boots and accessorise with a chainsaw. Neat. It’s not really my style, but every now and then it’s cool for something different.

No comments: