Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Midyear Sales - Woo Hoo!

Yep, it’s that time of the season again when fashion retailers realise they can’t sell any of their stock at the original price (mostly because it was priced way too high to begin with), so they generously mark it down for the people who could never afford to buy it in the first place. In other words, it is the only time I shop. Yay for markdown time! Sweet.

Consumer 1 Retailer 0

So with the sales season upon us, now is a good time to stock up on the essentials (eg. Myer was having 30 per cent off hosiery the other day, so I snagged a few things – get the whole ‘snag’ joke thing I did – ‘cause typically you snag stockings… yeah, ok, it’s over, I’m moving on).

I also bought a dress from Veronika Maine (which I worked out had been reduced by 70 per cent!). Crazy, huh? The original price was total b/s; sometimes I wonder how designers think people will actually pay that kind of price to begin with.

While the midyear sales have yet to measure up to their chaotic sister sales – aka the Boxing Day sales - they’re still worthwhile… especially since it’s uni break and there’s nothing to do.

P.S. Nine West is having 50 per cent off for two weeks only – such a shame their current stock isn’t anything that one would want to buy. But still – it’s half price, people.

1 comment:

Jamshaid Ayaz said...

My daughter and I ordered a dress from Doll House which was to be custom made. I placed the order on a Monday and was surprised to get a phone call the following Monday to say the dress had arrived it only took eight 8 days. I took the dress home and when I put the dress on my daughter, I realized that had just altered the dress (in store) and found pins still in the side seams. I was so disgusted with their lie when confronted they would not talk to me or acknowledge what they had done. To all you mum’s out there DON’T BUY FROM DOLL HOUSE.