Thursday, September 28, 2006

Will Gucci Ever be the Same Without Tom Ford?

I remember when I first heard Tom Ford was leaving Gucci and I deadset wanted to bawl my eyes out. So has/or will Gucci recover without their Saviour Ford? I don't think they have yet. One day maybe. But their standard seems to have slipped. I am a huge Gucci fan but the new Spring 07 Collection is a little on the scary side. I'm really not feeling it. Even if I could afford Gucci, I'm not so sure I'd want to buy anything. It's not so much the styles that I dislike, rather I think the purple and the black are clashing together too much. The collection seemed to get better towards the end and there was one piece in the range that I might actually kill for - a silver/white discotheque shift dress. So dreamy.

No comments: